About integrated therapy
At Calaway·Young Cancer Center in Glenwood Springs, CO, we understand that undergoing medical treatment can be an emotional experience. For this reason, our highly skilled and compassionate team of specialists offer a unique array of integrated therapies to assist men and women in managing the physical, mental, and emotional challenges often associated with a cancer diagnosis. Integrated therapies utilize various tools and techniques to help reduce stress, anxiety, depression, pain, and poor sleep. It also aids in creating a calmer state-of-mind, physical healing, and the overall well-being of the patient. All of our integrated therapy services at the CYCC of Valley View are selected to meet the individualized needs of our patients and are provided at no additional cost.
Integrated Therapies Reviews
"You are all so gifted at what you do! Words do not suffice as thanks, it was a supreme gift to me to be ministered to by each of you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you."- D.R. / Office Visit / Aug 16, 2018
"To everyone in Integrated Therapies, You will never know how much your amazing work touches the lives of those you help- patients and staff! All of you give so much of yourselves to help others! I personally am so grateful! Your presence in my life has helped softened my heart, made me want to be a better person in this world, and has opened my eyes to the amazing gift of healing. Thank you for what you do!"- anonymous / Office Visit / Feb 01, 2016
"My wife and I wish to thank the Calaway Young Center for being here. Incorporating Integrated Therapies in my healing process is a real blessing. Tai Chi classes and acupuncture treatments are a great help in getting back to normal after my bout with cancer."- M.W. / Office Visit / Jun 20, 2015
"Greetings Dr. Rossi, I don't know who hires and trains your employees but I have to say, I have never in all my travels, through 20 countries in this world and every state in the United States, I have never, ever met such Quality, Caring and Professional people anywhere. From my first contact as well as my follow-up, not to mention the oversight of the nurse navigator and her expertise and watchful caring, as well as your personal nurse, to integrated therapies, who ever does your hiring and training, it is the best place I've ever been in this world- Congratulations, keep it up!!! One last comment. In my quest to find the best treatment I was told by three different doctors that you were unquestionably the BEST! In my experience in working with you thus far you have surpassed what your colleagues have said about you. I don't know if you have any idea what that does emotionally and realistically in a patient's heart, but I can tell you it adds to the healing - Big Time! I say two thumbs up to the Calaway-Young Cancer Center and Valley View!"- J.H. / Office Visit / Feb 12, 2019
"I am a patient of Dr. Rossi at the Cancer Center and am currently on my 18th day of 22 days of radiation treatment for prostate cancer. I am 75 years old, have experienced cancer previously and have been in numerous hospitals and cancer centers. My experience at the Calaway-Young Cancer Center has been extraordinary in every way. From the smiles on everyone's faces when they greet you, to the navigating care, to the Dr's, to the follow-up, the physical beauty of the facilities, the state of the art equipment and complimentary services, takes this to a whole different level of health care. Myself, my wife and my mother-in-law have all told everyone we know in the Vail Valley, where we live, that working with this facility makes an unpleasant medical ordeal as pleasant as an experience of this nature can be. I've had several surgeries at [another facility] and there is just no comparison to the care."- E.A. / Office Visit / Jan 23, 2019
Types of therapy
Calaway·Young Cancer Center is pleased to offer the following integrated therapies:
- Massage Therapy is the manual manipulation of soft body tissues (muscle, connective tissue, tendons, and ligaments) to enhance a person’s health and well-being. It can also help reduce tension, improve sleep, and offer relief for stress-related muscle strain.
- Indications: Muscle pain and soreness, joint pain and stiffness, muscle spasms, tension headaches, neuropathy, fatigue, stress and anxiety, surgery recovery, edema, limited range of motion
- Craniosacral Therapy involves gentle, hands-on care that encourages the revitalization of the inherent healing potential in the mind, body, and spirit. The resulting subtle energy, tissue, and structure shifts allow patients to experience reduced stress, anxiety, pain, and treatment-related symptoms.
- Indications: Migraine headaches, chronic pain, feelings of hopelessness, fatigue, insomnia, stress, anxiety, surgery/procedure/treatment preparation and recovery, palliative care, sleep disturbances
- Aromatherapy employs natural oils obtained from aromatic plant material to help provide a healing environment. Oils can be diffused into the air, sprinkled on linens or sometimes rubbed into the skin to help support relaxation and sleep, improve feelings of well-being, and even reduce nausea in some patients.
- Acupuncture is a holistic health modality that involves the use of fine needles (mechanical stimuli) to prompt the body’s natural healing response. Research shows that acupuncture helps to stimulate the muscles, collagen fibers, and signaling to the brain. In the hands of well-trained providers, it is a very safe and relaxing procedure that can help reduce anxiety and a variety of ailments.
- Indications: Pain, nausea, vomiting, mental and emotional distress, hot flashes, dry mouth, sleep disturbances, digestive issues, peripheral neuropathy
- HeartMath® Mentoring is a science-based technology program designed to coach participants in learning proven tools, such as heart coherence, to help manage and reduce stress. This technique helps balance a patient's thoughts and emotions to achieve mental clarity and physical well-being.
- Indications: Stress management, depression, anger, grief, trouble coping, restless mind, feelings of hopelessness, chronic pain, heart conditions, disease management
- Sound Therapy employs the use of tuning forks and singing bowls on and around the body to create relaxation, grounding, calm, and balance.
- Indications: Stress management, neuropathy, fatigue, transition support, feelings of hopelessness, discomfort with massage therapy
Benefits and Risks?
Integrated therapies are nonsurgical treatments that utilize holistic approaches to promoting optimal healing of the mind, body, and spirit — which means there is little to no risk of undergoing such therapy. Our team will also sit down with you to discuss all your options and which therapy may be best for you. The potential benefits include lower stress levels, decreased pain, better sleep, less anxiety, improved mobility, greater energy, a more hopeful state-of-mind, and much more. We encourage all our patients to have an open mind as these therapies can greatly improve their well-being.
If you or a loved one is undergoing cancer treatment at Calaway·Young Cancer Center at Valley View Hospital, we invite you to call our office to learn more about our integrated therapies. These therapeutic techniques offer a holistic method of promoting healing to the mind, body, and spirit and are complimentary to Valley View patients. We look forward to helping you and your family through innovative care.